Our „SmartHome” installation will consist of following software:
- HomeAssistant as virtual appliance on RaspberryPi
- ActianZen as database engine with database located on externaly connected hardrive (which was reused from one of our laptops ;))
- configuration files of HomeAssistant will be also stored on that external hardrive – just in case
- backups will be done either to GoogleDrive or any other external digital media
Some words about used software:
- HomeAssistant is open source most popular platform for home automation: https://www.home-assistant.io/. It was written by Paulus Schoutsen developer from USA: https://www.linkedin.com/in/schoutsen. His vision about home automation is presented here and is very close to mine: https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2016/01/19/perfect-home-automation/. HomeAssistant is written in Python and uses as base OS: AlpineLinux adjusted especially for this software and called HomeOS. Every component in HomeAssistant is opaqued in docker container, so if you get familiar with this concept it is very easy to develop by yourself. It uses special webGUI for configuration every automation component as well as scheduled actions. This GUI is so nice that my kids said it looks like in Sims – one of their favourite games. Of course there is also Android and IOS application for checking state of your home using your phone or tablet;)
- Docker and containers – this was new concept for me. I tried to learn it last year but without success, but this time I used this superb tutorial : https://www.udemy.com/course/docker-essentials/learn/lecture/12535386?start=0#overview and finally was able to configure my favourite database for IoT;). As this was new thing for me I will enclose short tutorial on my blog for newbies;)
- ActianZen – this should not be introduced as I used it in my last project. It is lightweighted, superfast IoT database. Quite easy in installation on Raspbian. More info can be found here:https://www.actian.com/data-management/zen-embedded-database/. As I want to do some DataScience in my project and use i.e. predictive analysis this is the only one and right choice here.
5 myśli na “SmartHome – software”
You have brought up a very superb points, appreciate it for the post. Joby Mahmoud Estis
Hola! I’ve been following your webѕite for some time noᴡ and
finalⅼy gοt the courage to go ahеad and give
you a shout out from Huffman Texas! Just wanted to tell you
keep up the fantastic work!
You really make it appear really easy together with your presentation but I in finding this matter to
be really something that I believe I would by no means understand.
It seems too complex and very large for me. I’m taking a look ahead for your
subsequent put up, I’ll try to get the hold of it!
When someοne writes an piece of writing he/she keeps tһe idea of a user in his/her brain thаt how а user can undеrstand іt.
Therefore that’s why this post is outstdandіng.